This is the second year for the event; organizers hope to collect 10,000 diapers.
Every year, many local babies are born to families who cannot afford necessities for their child, including diapers. Through March 29, CoxHealth in Springfield, Branson and Monett are holding a Diaper Drive to collect this, the most basic and necessary of infant supplies.
Now, Price Cutter and its affiliate stores are helping expand the efforts of the Diaper Drive by providing donation bins at their stores: Eight Price Cutter locations in Springfield, as well as the stores in Republic, Nixa and Ozark; Country Mart stores in Branson, Branson West, Hollister and Forsyth; and Ramey in Monett.
“By partnering with CoxHealth, we hope to create awareness about the growing need for diapers in our community,” says Bill Stroup, Marketing Director for Pyramid Foods (parent company of Price Cutter, Country Mart and Ramey stores). “We also hope to make it even easier for people to participate in the diaper drive by acting as a collection site in sixteen of our local stores.”
Donated disposable diapers in all sizes will be given to Diaper Bank of the Ozarks in Springfield, Crosslines and the Tri-County Pregnancy Center in the Monett area, and Jesus was Homeless and Christian Associates in the Branson area.
This year CoxHealth hopes to collect 10,000 diapers from employees and the public. In addition to the Price Cutter, Country Mart and Ramey drop-off locations, collection bins will be available during the 26th annual CoxHealth Baby Affair at Cox South on Saturday, March 29. Drop-off locations at CoxHealth facilities:
- Cox South: Main lobby (North entrance off Primrose), West Pavilion entrance and Turner Building main lobby
- Cox North: Outpatient entrance off Robberson
- The Meyer Center: Fitness Center lobby
- Hulston Cancer Center: Allenbrand Resource Center
- Cox Monett: Administration, third floor, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cox Branson: Skaggs Foundation office, Plaza One, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. or Cox Branson Administration, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.